What are we doing?
Renewable Energy Benalla is working to transition Benalla to a Net Zero Stationary Energy Town in ten years.
Renewable Energy Benalla has taken up the recommendations made in the Benalla Baseline Emissions 2016 report released in 2017 by Beyond Zero Emissions to -
• REDUCE 1/3 through efficiency
• REPLACE 1/3 with local renewables
• SWITCH 1/3 to renewable utility power
Renewable Energy Benalla's Key Steps
REDUCE 1/3 through better building and efficiency
• Retrofits, insulation, double glazing, pelmets and blinds
• Smart data power use
REPLACE 1/3 with renewable sources
• Household and business solar
• Solar and community energy
SWITCH 1/3 by building utility scale and storage
• Support large-scale investments
• Micro-grids and batteries